at Hodgdon Yachts in Southport, Maine, United States
Marine Mechanic position includes but is not limited to repair and service on all types of marine engines, both gasoline and diesel, with a strong emphasis on diesel inboard and generator applications. Stern drive, outboard experience is also preferred.
Major Responsibilities/Activities: Duties include commissioning/decommissioning, troubleshooting and repair of water systems, engines, refrigeration systems, AC and DC heating/cooling systems, electrical systems and heads. Provide estimates for system upgrades and repairs typical to marine systems. Ability to research in catalogs, on-line, through dealer port holes and service/parts manuals and computer sources is preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Extensive experience with marine engines, electronics and boat systems.
• Experience in diesel engines and aspects of yachts systems onboard vessels up to 65' is preferred.
• Must have strong attention to detail and maintain cleanliness on projects both during and upon completion.
• Must be able to work independently and have high quality work ethic.
• Must be a self-starter, able to manage projects on your own and have excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate directly with customers and service managers.
? Outdoors most of the time
? Occasional extreme indoor and outdoor temperatures.
? Occasional exposure to extreme heights.
? Rare exposure to adverse ventilation conditions where use of a respirator will be required.
Essential Job Functions:
? Flexibility to work in the standing, squatting, or kneeling position, as well as reaching overhead with occasional twisting and bending while performing any of the above tasks.
? Stair and ladder climbing is required.
? Ability to work in small spaces.
? Minimal lifting required above 50 lbs.
? Schedule is Monday-Thursday from 6am to 430pm.
? Spring, Fall and from time to time it may be necessary to work additional shifts or on weekends.
? Must work as part of a team.
? Must be punctual.
Education Requirements: Some level of American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) certification and/or any manufacturer training preferred.
Essential Mental Functions: Contact with customers is often necessary and therefore employees are expected to be courteous and follow uniform rules. Customers may not direct employees to perform any unauthorized work; all additions to any work orders must be done through the office of the Service Team.
To apply please send application, resume and references to:
Human Resource Manager
Hodgdon Yachts, Inc.
P.O. Box 505
East Boothbay, ME 04544
Or email to: email@example.com