at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
Sign on Incentive of $1,000 Available – $200 payable after successful completion of 90 days, $300 payable after successful completion of 6 months and $500 after successful completion of one year.
The Housing Programs Coordinator acts as the primary field representative and technician to clients and contractors for Housing Programs, including but not limited to CHIP, AST, and Home Repair Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs CHIP, AST and Home Repair Assessments.
2. Sets up eligible CHIP, AST and Home Repair Projects.
3. Coordinates with contractors to perform services on CHIP, AST and Home Repair Projects.
4. Performs intermediate site visits for CHIP, AST and Home Repair Projects.
5. Performs Inspections of CHIP, AST and Home Repair Projects.
6. Maintains courteous and clear communication with clients.
7. Documents and resolves, or assists in resolving, client concerns.
8. Makes appropriate referrals as needed.
9. Educates and monitors contractors with respect to program compliance and requirements.
1. Works with Housing Director to assess new program guidelines and requirements.
2. Assists in developing and implementing program procedures for new and existing programs.
3. Represents Agency at various meetings as assigned by Housing Programs Manager.
1. Keeps current with Federal, State and Local regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position.
2. Participates in required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Leadership & Teamwork
1. Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective communication processes across agencies.
2. Adheres to the policies in the use of computer technology and all tele-communication devices.
Safety & Wellness
1. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
2. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications Needed for Position
Experience and Skill Requirements:
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least three years of experience in housing or a related field.
- Experience in residential construction management, including basic knowledge of project cost control and record keeping preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem resolution skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret rules, regulations and procedures.
- Must be flexible and able to work with multiple staff members.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and other specialized software specific to the position.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated
WCAP attempts to comply fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning employees, including those pertaining to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination. These federal rules include anticipated OSHA standards and emergency temporary standards mandating employee COVID-19 vaccination, as well as U.S. DHHS rules requiring that teachers and staff at Head Start and Early Head Start programs be vaccinated no later than January 1, 2022.