at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
The Emergency Rental Assistance Intake/Certifier reviews and approves or denies applications for Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program. Coordinates referrals to other services and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes shared responsibility of all aspects of the Housing and Rental Assistance programs, including answering telephone, scheduling and answering the phone.
2. Completes program applications to support efficient program operations and meet client need.
3. Collects clear, concise and complete documentation, ensuring that each application meets the required documentation standards according to established rules, regulations and procedures set forth by the program guidance including any State or Federal requirements.
4. Maintains client records/files in accordance with program requirements.
5. Performs outreach to landlords and tenants to ensure engagement, complete and timely program administration.
6. Completes data entry, ensures documents are obtained and maintained, and performs general clerical duties.
7. Makes appropriate referrals and coordinates with other social service programs.
8. Performs light housekeeping duties.
1. Keeps up to date on any appropriate program, State and Federal regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position.
2. Participates in any required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Leadership and Teamwork
1. Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective communication processes across agencies.
2. Demonstrates effective communication skills in building relationships with all employees and clients.
3. Adheres to policies in the use of computer technology and all telecommunication devices.
Safety and Wellness
1. Actively promote safety and accident prevention with the workplace.
2. Report any unsafe conditions, incidents and /or accidents immediately.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION
• Must have adequate transportation, a valid driver's license and meet WCAP's insurance.
• Ability to meet WCAP background clearance requirements.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
• At least one year of office and/or data entry experience required.
• Ability to interpret rules and regulations.
• Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast paced office.
• Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
• Strong time management and organization skills.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
The following education requirements are considered essential:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated
WCAP attempts to comply fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning employees, including those pertaining to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination. These federal rules include anticipated OSHA standards and emergency temporary standards mandating employee COVID-19 vaccination, as well as U.S. DHHS rules requiring that teachers and staff at Head Start and Early Head Start programs be vaccinated no later than January 1, 2022.