at Woodfords Family Services in Saco, Maine, United States
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
Want more than a job?
Woodfords Family Services has an opportunity for you to positively impact children and teens with special needs in your community.
- As a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP), you will support consumers to gain skills in behavior management, communication, independent living, self-care, self-help and socialization.
Up to $750 Bonus
- $250 Hiring Bonus paid within first full pay period paycheck
- Part-time (20 to 29 hours/week) employees receive $500 Stay Bonus after 60 days successful employment
- Casual (less than 19 hours/week) employees receive $250 Stay Bonus after 60 days successful employment
Multiple Schedules Available:
- BHPs typically work 12 to 29 (part-time) hours weekly
- Afternoons, evenings, and on weekends - when kids and teens are home from school
- BHPs work year-round with flexible schedules
Compensation for Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs):
- Part-time positions available
- $14.00 to $15.00 hourly wage based on education, experience, and certification
- $0.50/hour wage increase once employee receives Behavioral Health Professional certification
Woodfords has a Comprehensive Benefits Package, including:
- Paid Training and BHP Certification
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
If you are passionate about supporting kids, teens, and their families to reach their goals, we will train you to be successful in this role!
Key Qualifications of a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- High school diploma or GED required (higher education is preferred)
- Valid driver's license required
- A reliable vehicle with current auto insurance required
- Experience working with children with autism or intellectual disabilities preferred
- Experience using teaching strategies derived from the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) preferred
- A positive attitude, high energy level and creativity
The Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) Role:
As a Woodfords' Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- Work one-on-one with a child or adolescent with special needs within their home and community focusing on behaviors, social skills, personal and daily routines, as well as community inclusion.
- Be a key member of the Rehabilitative & Community Support program working independently with the child and cooperatively with a treatment team.
We invest in you and provide you with paid training & opportunities for advancement! We will teach you the skills and strategies needed to be successful.
We carefully match our BHPs and consumers, and supervisors are available to provide on-going support and training.
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families for over 50 years. Woodfords provides services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Want to learn more about our agency, programs or employment opportunities?
- Check out our website: Woodfords Family Services
Take a look at these videos to hear more about us from our staff, consumers and families
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Training and Professional Development
As an agency, Woodfords has implemented robust safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines. We value the health and safety of our employees and consumers.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.