at The Highlands in Topsham, Maine, United States
Summary of Duties
The Highlands is a premier retirement community in Topsham, Maine. We are currently seeking a Class B or C CDL driver (with a P endorsement) to join our team!
Our drivers are responsible for maintaining the van and chauffeuring our residents to various appointments, activities and events in safe manner. If you love working with people, this is the job for you! In this role, you will interact with our staff and residents on a daily basis and enjoy perks such as the option to participate in some meals and special events with them.
In addition to driving, our transportation team assists with setting up on-campus events and signage as well as light maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs or hanging art/photos.
We offer a flexible schedule and are looking to hire a team member who can also be flexible, as our outings occur during the day as well as in the evenings and on weekends. Our ideal candidate would be able to work closely with the other transportation team members to ensure that we always have coverage as needed.
- Chauffeur residents in our company vehicles for personal appointments and group events
- Ensure resident safety when entering and exiting the vehicle and when vehicle is in motion
- Understand the lift requirements and limitations and follow accordingly
- Report any safety concerns to the Executive Director immediately
- Keep the company vehicles clean and in proper running order
- Report to the Resident Services Director or Executive Director to assist with other duties in between transports
- Support and participate in resident-centered activities programs. Assist with setup of chairs, sound equipment, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A valid CDL license (class B/C with a P endorsement) is preferred, but not a requirement for this position
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and basic mechanical skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Physical requirements include: bending, standing, lifting, stooping, sitting and walking. Also, lift, carry, and stretch. Must have manual dexterity to operate a vehicle safely
- Must follow directions, get along with others, and be a team player