at Aroostook Mental Health Center in Calais, Maine, United States
AMHC is expanding services and will be opening an Adult Crisis Stabilization Unit in Calais very soon. This is an exciting oppportunity for anyone interested in becoming an Adult Crisis Counselor at the Adult Crisis Stabilization Unit on a full time basis (40 hours per week).
We are a fast paced, cutting edge program employing short-term intervention toward stabilization in a recovery-oriented manner.
- Support referrals, admissions, continuing care, and discharge of adults at the Adult Crisis Stabilization Unit.
- Provide rapid and effective assessment, support, hospitalization when necessary, and linkage to community resources, crisis prevention planning and case coordination of services.
- Complete progress notes, treatment plans, and required documentation in a timely manner for each individual served.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance, or be available for unplanned overtime as necessary, to meet program needs.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science, Psychology, Social Work, or other human services-related field preferred.
An Associate’s Degree in the Human Services related field, plus three years of direct relevant work experience.
Will also consider non-college graduates with a High School Diploma plus four years of life/work experience and training with children.
MHRT-CSP certification is required to carry out the assigned responsibilities of the position. The MHRT-CSP training will be provided by the agency upon hire
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and work evenings and weekends as needed.
AMHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer