at Aroostook Mental Health Center in Ellsworth, Maine, United States
The Substance Use (SU) Peer Support Specialist is responsible for providing SU peer support services to individuals who are either seeking SU recovery services, SU treatment services or are in SU treatment. The SU Peer Support Specialist focuses on offering Peer Recovery Coaching within our AMHC designated services.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Provides non-clinical services to engage, educate, and support individuals with substance use disorders and who are involved with the court system.
- Assists with identifying and accessing treatment and recovery resources in the community, including but not limited to prescribers for medications for opioid use disorder and psychiatric medications.
- Helps individuals develop and clarify personal goals and objectives around treatment and recovery from substance use disorder.
- Assists with health insurance/MaineCare enrollment.
- Serves as a point of contact for care coordination and care transitions, in collaboration with the client, justice agencies, medical and behavioral health providers, and other agencies and supports as-needed.
- Provides overdose prevention education and access to naloxone distribution
- Connects potential eligible individuals to housing, transportation and employment resources, as appropriate
- Keep client and company information confidential.
- Provide a welcoming environment for individuals seeking mental health, substance use, co-occurring, community support, rehabilitation, and social services.
- Be available and flexible to meet client and company needs, including overtime as-needed.
- Provide excellent communication, documentation, time management, and organizational skills.
Valid driver’s license with a reliable and appropriately insured vehicle.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account