at Bath Savings Institution in Bath, Maine, United States
The Credit Analyst’s primary function is to provide a qualitative and quantitative analysis of applicant requests, annual risk rating assessments, modifications to existing loans, and line of credit renewals, etc. These may include complex ownership structures and cash flow sources; assess collateral values and credit risk, spread and analyze personal and business financial statements and tax returns, and prepare detailed written credit approval packages. As a Credit Analyst, you are expected to be detail oriented and be able to read, understand, and closely follow bank’s loan policy and all pertinent operating procedures.
A secondary function of the position is to assist in the maintenance and updating of various data management and tracking systems used in monitoring the commercial loan portfolio.
- College degree or equivalent.
- General understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong analytical ability and attentiveness to detail.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to read/write English and to understand and follow instructions.
- Knowledge of general banking and commercial lending practices beneficial.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
• Bath Savings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, color, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.