at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
Sign on Incentive of $500 Available- $200 payable after successful completion of 90 days, $300 payable after successful completion of one year of employment.
Drivers (Bus Driver, Van Driver, Car Driver, and Substitute Drivers) are responsible for picking up and discharging passengers according to trip assignments. Responsible for passenger safety and vehicle maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Completes pre- and post-trip inspections of the vehicle to be driven by checking each item on the inspection form, noting any defects; determines if vehicle defects noted are safety related and certifying such with a signature; takes the vehicle out of service and notifies dispatch when a safety defect has been noted.
2. Leaves a copy of the previous days Pre- / Post-Trip Vehicle Inspection form in the vehicle until the close of business on the next working day.
3. Reports any criminal or motor vehicle violations to Administration.
4. Cleans windows, mirrors and lights daily.
5. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace; reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately to supervisor.
1. Drives a car, van or bus, picking up and discharging passengers as assigned.
2. Follows all state and Federal Motor Vehicle Laws.
3. Assists frail and elderly passengers from their door, to and onto the vehicle, as well as from the vehicle to the door of their destination.
4. Secures all passengers in their seats before moving vehicle.
5. Carries parcels for frail, elderly and disabled passengers.
6. Follows all applicable Program and Agency Policies and Procedures.
7. Reports to dispatch when running behind schedule.
8. Reports no-shows to dispatch immediately.
9. Assists wheelchair or scooter bound customers to and from the bus.
10. Loads and unloads secure wheelchair or scooter and physically challenged passengers in the bus.
1. Washes and cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle as needed to keep the vehicle looking professional.
2. Ensures that preventative maintenance services are complete by making and keeping appointments at the maintenance facility (in cooperation with the Assistant Operations Manager) on the assigned vehicle within a 500 mile window of each 5,000 mile interval.
3. Delivers assigned vehicle to the maintenance facility within a 500 mile window of each 5,000 mile interval and picks up and signs off, indicating that the service or repairs were made on the Pre- and Post-Trip Inspection Form when picking up the assigned vehicle from the maintenance facility.
1. Records beginning and ending odometer readings on trip manifest, and records odometer readings for each passenger pick up and drop off on the trip manifest.
2. Records starting and ending time on the trip manifest, and records the actual time for each passenger pick up and drop off on the trip manifest.
3. Signs the trip manifest.
4. Collects any fees or fares, recorded on the trip manifest, and signs in at the office daily. 5. Forwards trip manifests to Administration daily.
6. Forwards the Pre- and Post -rip Inspection Form to administration according to established procedures.
7. Runs errands and performs light housekeeping as assigned.
8. Reports suspected neglect and abuse to supervisor immediately.
9. Submits directions and special instruction recommended changes daily.