at Facebook in Augusta, Maine, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Instagram Well-being organization is working on ensuring that Instagram is a positive force in people’s lives, the most important job we have over the next few years at Instagram. We want to make sure that people feel safe and supported when connecting with the people and things they love, and that people feel the freedom to express themselves on the platform. To do this, we build large-scale complex systems, state-of-the-art Machine Learning, and operate an infrastructure to enable detection, classification, and remediation of content, behaviors, and actors that contribute to negative experiences for our community. At the heart of the Instagram Well-being organization is the data science team whose empirical studies and rigorous analyses shape the direction of Well-being product development, striving to protect Instagram users and their data and enabling seamless development of safe and supportive products.The Head of Data Science for Instagram Well-being will be directly responsible for managing the data science team to ensure proper goaling, experimentation, and forecasting and to develop insights that identify the biggest opportunities and gaps for the Instagram Wellbeing and Social Impact. You will work in close partnership with a top-notch group of researchers and data scientists across Meta Inc. to translate user research and expert insights into data-driven product strategies. Furthermore, this leader will be expected to serve on Instagram’s analytics leadership circle to help improve cross-Instagram Analytics team processes such as recruiting, training, and performance management.You will work with cutting edge technology, and have the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will have strong product intuition, experience building and managing analytics teams, will have worked with large data stores, have a background in a behavioral science discipline, and a passion for working in a mission driven culture. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product.
1. Maintain a high bar in terms of product thinking and analytical depth for your team through selective hiring and mentorship.
2. Conduct analytics studies to identify new product opportunities and shape product strategy.
3. Size opportunities to ensure product teams are working on the most impactful projects.
4. Execute on high priority learning initiatives and measurement strategies for Well-being, Instagram, and Facebook.
5. Partner and heavily contribute to major analytical and product initiatives across the Facebook Family of Apps (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.).
6. Serve part of the core leadership team for Instagram Community with direct accountability for the success and health of this product organization.
7. 7+ years experience managing a team of analysts, data scientists.
8. 7+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis.
9. 7+ years of work experience managing analytics teams, working collaboratively with Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
10. Experience in cross-functional partnership among teams of Engineering, Design, PM, Data Engineering.
11. Experience initiating and driving projects to completion autonomously.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account