at Norway Savings Bank in Bethel, Maine, United States
Building a better bank starts with hiring outstanding talent.
It starts with you.
Do you have smarts, individualism, and a passion for helping others? We are looking for people with a drive to create lasting relationships by delivering extraordinary customer service.
We truly have something special here; a 155-year-old commitment to high achievement and high support. Norway Savings is a place of continuous learning and growth that will offer you many exciting opportunities. We strive to create an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion, where you can let your color shine!
We are committed to taking care of our employees. We have an award-winning Wellness Program that has led us to be named one of the Healthiest Companies in America!
Norway Savings has a strong focus on our customers, and building strong relationships within our communities.
The Customer Relations Representative I is a dynamic role that is responsible for meeting the financial needs of new and existing customers by identify potential opportunities to develop customer relationships for all Bank business lines. To maintain strong and prosperous customer relations, the incumbent will provide friendly and efficient customer service when processing daily customer transactions. In addition to processing daily customer transactions, the Customer Relations Representative will seek opportunities to cross-sell other lines of business as a means of expanding the Bank’s relationship with the customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures a positive customer experience by providing exceptional customer service.
- Identifies and achieves cross-selling to new and existing customers as a means of enhancing the overall relationship.
- Adopts and consistently demonstrates a proactive sales outreach approach.
- Processes daily transactions (deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.)
- Assists with coordination of daily branch duties.
- Demonstrates consistent and comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, security and compliance.
- Achievement: Remains self-motivated, self-directed and completely accountable for behavior.
- Support: Contributes to a culture of interdependent parts which result in common interest being served.
- Communication: Communicates at an exceptional, professional level both in written and spoken language.
- Leadership: Leads others to accomplish a common task through guidance and direction.
- Empowerment: Demonstrates consistent accountability and initiative for making efficient, informed and timely decisions at appropriate levels.
- Team: Promotes a team environment which is based on mutual respect and trust.
- Maintains accountability for professional appearance and image of the branch working environment such as facilities and equipment.
- Conveys an authentic and consistent professional image including particular attention to how one portrays themselves, such as through professional dress, communication, and interaction with others.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and/or various projects as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with cash-handling preferred
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional internal and external customer service with demonstrated relationship-building skills
- Basic knowledge of navigating computer systems
- Self-motivated and driven with exemplary engagement
- Willingness to accept direction/instruction and work well within a team of professionals
- Saturday morning availability required
Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards.
Physical effort required; lifting up to 35 lbs.; reaching, twisting, bending, pushing and pulling; standing for extended periods of time; freedom of movement on a regular basis; handling of materials and supplies.
**External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or who become disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.**
Norway Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.