at Camden National Bank in Portland, Maine, United States
The Client Administrator partners with the Relationship Manager/Trust Officer and Investment Portfolio Manager in delivering The Nation’s Best Banking Experience. This person supports clients in their ongoing relationships by assisting with their day to day financial needs. As a consistent and reliable point of contact, the candidate will provide seamless coordination between investment management and trust clients and their wealth management team.
The essential functions are noted below, however, responsibilities may evolve over time given organization, technological and/or staffing changes. At any point other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Communicating with clients via telephone, email and in-person interactions to ensure appropriate follow-through for all team members;
- Preparation of various reports as requested by clients and colleagues, including contributing to the financial planning process
- Assistance with Trust administration, ensuring compliance with Trust documents and local law;
- Assistance with Individual Retirement Account (“IRA”) administration with a focus on all aspects of compliance
- Opening and closing wealth management accounts of all types, such as Investment Management Accounts (IMAs), Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), Trusts and Custody accounts
- Initiating and appropriately documenting disbursements and deposits;
- Completion of Administrative Reviews;
- Compliance with internal administrative policies and procedures;
- Assistance with compliance and reporting;
- Ability to navigate systems to access tax and other client information quickly and efficiently;
- Knowledge of Money Guide Pro or other financial planning software preferred.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant certifications such as CTFA, CFP, CISP, etc. or graduate degrees in related fields preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc. Thorough understanding of accounting, finance, and investment concepts.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to become proficient in a Trust Accounting System. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel also necessary.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines is critical. Organization and attention to detail are also vital.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.