at Eastern Maine Community College in Bangor, Maine, United States
Bargaining Unit/Salary Range: MSEA Support Services; Level 8; $16.54/hour
Responsibilities: Provides customer service and clerical/data entry support to the Admissions Office and Welcome Center. Primary responsibilities include serving as an initial contact for students and prospective students on the telephone and via email; answering questions and making accurate referrals to other staff as appropriate; including scheduling appointments. Communicates professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum of one year of experience in increasingly responsible higher education customer service; demonstrated effective customer service skills; and advanced experience working with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and computer database systems. The ability to type 40-45 wpm with 92% accuracy on a timed typing test.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g., students, parents, faculty, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests using tact and diplomacy and knowledge of federal, state and college policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments within and outside of the Welcome Center.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior problem resolution and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and comply with college policies and procedures pertaining to all aspects of student enrollment.
- Demonstrate understanding the importance of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to be mentally flexible (multi-tasking) and to manage frequently changing work assignments.
- Maintain positive attitude and respect for others.
- Constantly maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to produce highly detailed, multi-step work.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set work priorities.
Note: Eastern Maine Community College requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or participation in regular testing in lieu of proof of vaccination.
Benefits: Employer paid health, dental and life insurance for employee, Maine State Retirement and a generous paid time off package.
Application Procedure: Email cover letter, resume, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
Great College. Smart Choice.
Eastern Maine Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and employer. For more information about this commitment, please call the Affirmative Action Officer at (207) 974-4633