at Downeast Community Partners in Trenton, Maine, United States
Summary: Assists teaching staff in carrying out group and individual activities in the early childhood development program. Carries out all duties in a manner supportive of the Executive Director’s administration of Downeast Community Partners.
- Becomes familiar with the physical, intellectual, social and emotional characteristics of individual children.
- Guides children through daily routines, creating a safe, healthy environment while providing experiences that build children’s enthusiasm and self-esteem for learning.
- Participates in curriculum development as directed.
- Assists staff in involving parents in the program and participates in parent involvement activities when appropriate.
- Assists in handling special care concerns relating to preschoolers as directed.
- Participates in basic nutrition and sanitation activities as directed.
- Supports center staff in all center activities.
- Shares janitorial duties with other staff.
- Other duties as determined by the Center Director or Teacher.
Qualification Requirements: To fulfill the duties of this placement successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Requires interacting with small children at their eye level frequently.
Requires lifting up to 40 pounds occasionally.
Requires sitting or standing in one place for up to two hours.
Requires ability to kneel and recover repeatedly.
Requires moving furniture about and sweeping/mopping floors occasionally.
Requires ability to monitor classroom and staff activities auditorily and visually.
Requires ability to move quickly to intercept/redirect child.