at Southworth-Milton, Inc. in Scarborough, Maine, United States
You have challenged yourself in an academic field and are ready to take that challenge to the next level. Internships give you an opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience that lets you put your education to work. Our openings are designed to fit into your school schedule, to see Milton CAT from the inside and decide if it's the place to launch your career.
Each year, we hire internships for a variety of positions at our 12 locations throughout New England and upstate New York. There are opportunities to apply your knowledge in areas that include finance, marketing, operations, warehousing and equipment repair and service. Interns have opportunities to be exposed to all facets of the business. This internship will be during the summer of 2022 and will be working in our Earthmoving & Compact Equipment Service Department.
Interns are considered valuable members of our team, and therefore earn benefits including:
- Real world experience
- Competitive salaries
- Consideration for full-time employment when you graduate
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in a public, private or accredited academic institution majoring in a diesel or heavy equipment program.
- Knowledge of diesel engine, electric generator, power distribution and associated equipment.
- Fast learner with a 3.0 or higher GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Excellent computer and related software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and team-building skills are all advantages.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Versatility and the flexibility to adapt to new situations are essential.
- Able to commute to work location on a daily basis.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity