at Life Storage in Topsham, Maine, United States
Position: Full Time Associate Manager
Location: Topsham, MESalary Range: $15.00-$16.00 per hour Life Storage is built on a foundation of respect and integrity. We strive to be the best in the self-storage industry by providing our customers with responsive service, innovative solutions, and high-quality properties. We consider our customers, shareholders, team members and communities in every decision we make as we work to deliver strong, sustained growth and add value to our company. Life Storage is a leading self-storage provider headquartered in Buffalo, New York, that offers storage solutions to our customers with over 900 locations throughout the U.S. & Canada. Life Storage has an immediate opening for an outgoing Associate at one of our locations. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2 years retail sales and customer service experience, along with strong multitasking abilities. Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Renting storage spaces & selling store merchandise
- Working face-to-face with customers, providing excellent service and build excellent rapport with new and existing customers, while enhancing your customer service and sales skills and experience
- Accepting payments and completing daily bank deposits
- Keeping the property and office clean and tidy, walking around the property performing lock checks and showing the units to customers
- Physical requirements of the job include daily walks of the property, cleaning the units and the property, opening and closing the storage doors (up to 50 lbs.), and similar light activities
- Other general office duties
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Exemplary face-to-face and phone customer service
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds is required
- Prior management or leasing experience with steady work history preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required in order to complete daily bank deposits
- Must have a flexible schedule with weekend availability
- Company new hire and ongoing training which incorporates both computer-based training, shadowing, and role playing to help any different type of learner
- ASM Career Path is for Associate Managers looking to get management experience to step into a Store Manager role
- A competitive rate of pay plus an excellent bonus structure
- Work/Life balance: no night hours, open on weekends, flexible scheduling for more time with family and friends
- Investment opportunities through our 401(k) Plan which includes company matching
- Paid vacation time, paid sick time and paid holidays
- Medical disability, family and military leave options
- A free Employee Assistance Program (EAP), storage and rental discounts, an employee wellness program, Voluntary Life Insurance options and much more
- Customer Oriented-Our customers are top priority and the service we provide is second to none.
- Innovative- We anticipate and embrace change while creatively meeting all challenges.
- Respectful-Life Storage employees treat our fellow team members, our customers, our shareholders, and our community with the highest degree of dignity, trust, and honesty.
- Accountable-We take responsibility for our actions and accomplish the appropriate results.
- A Team Player-We will leverage the experience and talent of every team member to achieve extraordinary results.