at Infinity Federal Credit Union in Westbrook, Maine, United States
Come join a dynamic and collaborative team! We offer exceptional benefits and a member focused working environment! Training and advancement opportunities!!
We're proud to have been voted Best Places to Work in ME for 9 years!
Infinity Credit Union is an Affirmative Action Employer. EEOC/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Primary responsibility is concentrated in the area of Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained on an ongoing basis. The BSA Analyst primary focus is with case management and determination, due diligence monitoring, alert reviews, case management and determination, due diligence monitoring and SAR & CTR preparation and filing as outlined in the BSA/AML manual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct comprehensive transactional analysis utilizing the Credit Union’s resources, software, and reports to document findings regarding AML activity with the member and explanations/evaluations of the account holders’ activity.
- Perform investigation and analyses for conclusion of alerts and cases. Maintain a broad perspective to ensure all possible alternatives, sources and explanations are reviewed and concluded in the required timeframes. Prepare highly detailed and concise written documentation to support reasons for closing a case or alert, and or escalating to a SAR level.
- Conduct periodic Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews of the Credit Union’s high-risk customers. Maintain well organized electronic records of EDD reviews.
- Reviews all new accounts for high risk status and flags system appropriately.
- Is responsible for the preparation and timely filing of Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) to FinCEN.
- Acting as a fellow resource to frontline staff along with BSA Officer.
- Assist in the review and determination of OFAC name checks.
- Researches regulatory issues and responds. to BSA/AML compliance questions from credit union personnel. Utilizes legal and regulatory reference manuals, consulting CU counsel and contacting professional associations and organizations as appropriate.
- Must maintain current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations; monitors legislative and regulatory developments regarding BSA and uses regulatory manuals as needed.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines for Regulation CC, the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP). Maintain confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information.
- Perform special projects and additional duties assigned by management.
- High School graduate, though a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred
- BSA Certification preferred
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to resolve problems, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of credit union operations, activities, terminology, product and services is essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Excel.
- Exemplary professionalism
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis
Those holding this position must be capable of performing all duties and responsibilities, either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation, as determined by management.