at OTTO in South Portland, Maine, United States
**$500 Sign On BONUS!**
OTTO ( [òt-to] /'o:tto/, meaning: eight) is not just your average neighborhood pizza shop, it is a home to artists, innovators, visionaries and food connoisseurs turning the ordinary Italian pie into an extraordinary experience! Our mission is to revolutionize pizza and create memories worth sharing! In addition to being part of a creative, friendly team OTTO employees are truly valued and have access to free meals while on shift, flexible schedules and a full benefits package for all full – time individuals.
During these times, we are committed to doing everything we can to maintain a safe and healthy workplace. OTTO highly recommends all employees receive the COVID-19 vaccination. If unvaccinated, OTTO requires masks are worn while working and visiting our shops. Employees are required to answer Daily Wellness Questions before reporting to work and we continue with frequent cleaning and handwashing. OTTO adheres to all CDC and local health department requirements.
As a Pizza Cook you will be responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, safety and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
• Sign-on bonus will be paid in full - $500!
• To be paid out in full after first 90 days of employment.
• OTTO is not responsible for completion of payout if employment is terminated by either party.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILTIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food for approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Serves or ensures proper serving of food for take-out or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, safety, personal hygiene and health standards. Utilizes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Safely uses establishments appliances/grills/ovens to prepare menu items
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all menu items served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance; comply with company dress policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.