at OTTO in Portland, Maine, United States
**$1,000 Sign On BONUS!**
OTTO ([òt-to] /'o:tto/, meaning: eight) is not just your average neighborhood pizza shop, it is a home to artists, innovators, visionaries and food connoisseurs turning the ordinary Italian pie into an extraordinary experience! Our mission is to revolutionize pizza and create memories worth sharing! In addition to being part of a creative, friendly team OTTO employees are truly valued and have access to free meals while on shift, flexible schedules and a full benefits package for all full – time individuals.
During these times, we are committed to doing everything we can to maintain a safe and healthy workplace. OTTO highly recommends all employees receive the COVID-19 vaccination. If unvaccinated, OTTO requires masks are worn while working and visiting our shops. Employees are required to answer Daily Wellness Questions before reporting to work and we continue with frequent cleaning and handwashing. OTTO adheres to all CDC and local health department requirements.
As a Delivery Driver you will be responsible for delivering menu items to customers at their homes or workplace establishments. The Delivery Driver is responsible for reviewing and ensuring orders are correct, timely delivery of goods, and providing excellent service to our customers.
• Sign-on bonus will be paid in full - $1,000!
• To be paid out in full after first 90 days of employment.
• OTTO is not responsible for completion of payout if employment is terminated by either party.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
• Safely deliver menu items to customers.
• Analyze delivery address to determine best route for timely delivery.
• Review orders prior to delivery to ensure correct items are being delivered, utensils, napkins and plates are included as needed.
• Follow local and state driving laws and road regulations.
• Comply with state vehicle laws and provide OTTO Corporate with valid car registration and insurance.
• Maintain a clean driving record.
• Report any driving citations and accidents to HR immediately after occurring.
• Collect payments from customer at point of delivery.
• Provide proper change to customer when needed.
• Comply with established sanitation standards, safety, personal hygiene and health standards. Utilizes proper food handling techniques.
• Provide exceptional service to customers.
• Maintain a clean and neat appearance; wear uniform (delivery shirt/hat/car topper) provided by OTTO.
• During non-peak hours, assist with cleaning, washing dishes, and making pizza boxes as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Work tasks are performed both indoors and outdoors. Indoor temperature generally is moderate and controlled by restaurant environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), for minimal periods of time.
• Position requires standing, walking, sitting and driving during entire shift.
• Must be able to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Requires grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, lifting, listening and hearing ability, visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing to occur continuously in the process of communicating with coworkers and supervisors and customers.
• Requires lifting to 5 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Requires lifting items weighing up to 40-50lbs occasionally.
• Requires bending, stooping, squatting and stretching to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
• Position requires driving in variable conditions: rain, snow, sleet, wind, sun.