at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
Sign on Incentive of $1,000 Available – $200 payable after successful completion of 90 days, $300 payable after successful completion of 6 months and $500 after successful completion of one year.
The Weatherization Specialist performs home energy audits and inspections for the Agency's Weatherization Assistance Program, and provides field support for other Housing Department programs and services that coincide with weatherization projects.
1. Performs a minimum of 8 energy audits and/or inspections per month on housing units eligible for Weatherization, including required diagnostic testing.
2. Prepares and issues contractor work orders.
3. Supports CHIP, AST and Home Repair Programs that coincide with
4. Inputs necessary data into computer system for WAP, CHIP and any
other current Housing Program.
1. Practices safe personal work habits and keeps tools/vehicles in safe working order.
2. Completes appropriate paperwork.
1. Maintains a courteous and clear communication with clients. Listens and documents client concerns
and follows up with solutions.
2. Conducts client energy conservation education.
3. Makes appropriate referrals as needed.
1. Performs light housekeeping duties.
1. Keeps current with Federal, State and Local regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position.
2. Participates in required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Leadership & Teamwork:
1. Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective communication processes across agencies.
2. Adheres to the policies in the use of computer technology and all tele-communication devices.
Safety and Wellness:
1. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
2. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.