at Camden National Bank in Rockport, Maine, United States
The primary purpose of this position is to support sales development. This includes assisting sales advisors with preparing for customer calls, proposals prepping and writing, proformas, on boarding new customers and working with retail banking and the Treasury support team to ensure a seamless transition. Other duties include, being responsible for the department’s pipeline/closed business reports, assisting with customer relationship reviews, cross-selling to other lines of business, talking with customers over the phone and via email and uncovering any additional services needed.
The essential functions are noted below; however, at Camden National responsibilities may evolve over time given organization, technological and/or staffing changes. At any point other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Work directly with client to complete necessary client TM agreements and paperwork.
- Coordinate implementation of new customers and work with various business lines and Treasury Management support team to do so in a timely and efficient manner while keeping sales advisor informed of status.
- Assist with writing Requests for Banking Services proposals as needed and work with all other business lines to implement all other business line information into proposal as needed.
- Ensure customer implementation requests are being input into CRM system and soon begin project of pulling pipeline, calling efforts, referrals, and closed business information from CRM report
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of all Treasury products, systems and processes.
- Independently drive new sales opportunities by identifying customer needs and cross-selling to various business partners efficiently
- Maintain accurate pipeline to include all team activity, calling report, pending sales and closed sales, and report activity on weekly basis.
- Assist in customer retention activities
- Responsible for maintain our department documents up to date
- Tracking RFPs, renewal dates, competitive bids and adding all customer docs to our shared site
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or two plus years of experience in sales, sales support, banking, and direct client contact. Prior experience with treasury management products and services preferred. Top-notch technical skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word preferred. Strong prioritizing, organizational and multi-tasking skills, as well as excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Ability to work in a fast faced environment, with the flexibility to change priorities easily and meet all assigned deadlines.
Interpersonal and social skills beyond courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are required on the job due to the type , nature, diversity, and/or frequency of contacts. Contacts are more involved, including profiling, problem solving, etc., requiring a high degree of trust. They will be required to have strong oral and written communication skills in this role in order to speak effectively with a variety of corporate, business, non-profit and municipal customers. Verbal, written, in person and over the phone communication with internal departments and external customers will occur on a regular basis.
Working closely with the Treasury Management team, this position requires the individual to seek out relevant information to determine the problem and identify the options and strategies to address issues and implement solutions. This includes the ability to exercise judgment and decision making based on thinking things through and to render and accept responsibility for decisions. Any projects that may arise due to system errors must be solved quickly and efficiently by creating a spreadsheet and sending to Sales Advisors for input, and then resolving with other business lines as needed to limit client impact. The Treasury Management Analyst will answer phone and email inquiries from customer and follow-up with the customer, with the goal of a serving as the one point of contact.
This position requires the individual to assist in the achievement of meeting or exceeding the department budget and goals. Additionally, the individual’s performance will be measured based on their contributions to achieving the overall individual, department, and company goals. This role will ensure all customer relationship pricing is done effectively based upon the customers’ location, business, size, needs, and overall picture. All scenarios will be reviewed by the department Director before giving pricing proforma to sales advisor(s) or putting into a Proposal for Banking Services.
This position involves some diversity and complexities of activities. The responsibilities of this position could have a noticeable impact on short-term financial results for the company. The Treasury Management Sales Analyst must be self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and ask for assistance when needed. Independent judgment will be required when creating proformas and pricing customer relationships, but all will go to the Director for final review.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.