at Camden National Bank in Rockport, Maine, United States
Under the direction of the Commercial Administration Supervisor the Commercial Loan Processor I creates commercial loan documentation and manages administrative processes involved with commercial loan applications. The Commercial Loan Processor I, is responsible for ensuring all necessary due diligence is met prior to loan closings and accurately prepares loan documentation in accordance with loan policy and approval document. This role will remain knowledgeable in determining proper documentation and providing excellent customer service to our internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately prepares loan closing documents in accordance in policy, State & Federal guidelines by utilizing Finastra LaserPro software for all loans eligible for LaserPro documentation.
- Reviews the approval document to determine proper loan documents required for loan based on loan product and entity documents, including but not limited to proper signers, address, collateral description, insurance and more.
- Accurately loads the loan from LaserPro to the bank’s core system once loan closing has taken place.
- Effectively utilizes the bank commercial loan platform to manage loan requests.
- Proactively works with the lender to assist with completion of closing conditions and information.
- Responsible for ordering and subsequent initial review of title work, title insurance, UCC-11 title checks, flood tracking, etc. to ensure perfection of collateral position.
- Assists with the appraisal and real estate evaluation ordering process through completing required forms and gathering supporting details from the lender or other support staff.
- Electronically files documentation to Synergy.
- Prepares denial letters and/or counter offer letters per guidance of the underwriter.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Minimum of 1 year working in banking or similar industry
- Basic knowledge of banking terminology including loans
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under tight timeframes and balance multiple assignments
- Effectively able to maintain a high level of detail and accuracy especially under time pressures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and approach challenges and issues with a problem solving mindset
- Values a team atmosphere, collaboration and working together for a common goal
- Remain flexible to withstand unpredictable changes to schedules and deadlines
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- This position does not have an supervisory responsibilities
Career Path and Job Family:
- Commercial Loan Administrator
- Loan Servicing Specialist
- Appraisal Review Specialist
- Mortgage Loan Processor
- Consumer Loan Processor
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or to equalize peak work periods to balance workloads.