at Camden National Bank in Augusta, Maine, United States
Primary responsibilities consist of business development to grow and acquire customer relationships, ensuring the banking center meets or exceeds their sales goals, leading service and sales management, managing the office, and overseeing risk and compliance. The essential functions are noted below; however, at Camden National responsibilities may evolve over time given organization, technological and/or staffing changes. At any point other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Oversees and directs activities of banking center staff to ensure banking center performance meets or exceeds goals – service, sales, financial and operations.
- Leads service and sales management effort. Manages, develops, coaches and motivates staff for optimum performance, holding staff accountable for results.
- Implements sales and service programs within the banking center to promote retention, expansion and acquisition of customer relationships.
- Leads and actively participates in business development activities for both consumer and small business.
- Employs Building Trusted Relationship skills to acquire, expand and retain customer relationships.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of bank products and solutions.
- Contact customers, business representatives, and community/civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Responsible for all areas of people management including recruiting, development, engagement, and performance management.
- Assesses local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities.
- Examine, evaluate, and process loan applications for customers following established procedures for safekeeping and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities.
- Direct, coordinate, and monitor activities to implement institution's policies, procedures, and practices concerning granting or extending lines of credit, real estate loans, consumer credit loans and commercial loans.
- Responsible for risk and compliance within the banking center including but not limited to formal audit results.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of facility.
- Supports and promotes the Bank's CRA Policy.
Manages 3-10 subordinate banking center staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.