in County, ME
This role is a good fit if you . . .
- Enjoy interacting with people. You’ll be developing a relationship with our owners and learning their preferences for their properties. You’ll also be supporting our tenants who want to know that we care about their well-being.
- You pride yourself on your quality of customer service. We do too. We answer our phones. We answer our emails. We get back to everyone on all questions. You will be helping with all of this communication and responsiveness if you join our team.
- You love problem solving. You get easily bored doing the same thing every day and love the challenge of being required to figure out solutions to new questions and situations that arise. You are great at asking the right questions to figure out the best path forward.
- You get the value of teamwork and love joint problem solving. You are one of the first to offer a helping hand to another teammate. You also know how to accept help from a teammate when you need it.
- You like, even need, to work at a fast pace and are easily bored when there’s not enough to do. You love the feeling of crossing “to do’s” off your list and accomplishing several tasks in one day as well as seeing how a company grows as a result of your effort.
- You are not easily stressed out or overwhelmed by sudden changes or unpredictability.
- You love using a good checklist and value how they make it easier to do the right thing at the right time to ensure flawless execution on all your tasks.
- The idea of coordinating handymen, electricians, plumbers, landscapers, HVAC, cleaners etc doesn’t intimidate you. You either have experience with this or you’ve always wanted to learn more about property maintenance and maybe become more handy/knowledgeable yourself.
- You have always wanted to learn more about real estate investing and property management and might even want to use what you learn from us to make your own first investment.
- Answer company phone line
- Respond to emails, online inquiries, and tenant portal messages
- Create property listings for new vacancies, screen prospective tenants and show available units
- Obtain signed leases and security deposits, provide keys and an overview of unit/building rules for all new tenants
- Monitor rent collection and follow up on late payments as needed
- Coordinate summer vacation rental calendar – respond to guest inquiries on check-in, check-out, during stay, and work with our cleaning team to coordinate unit turnovers
- Efficiently navigate and utilize company software – Buildium, Guesty, Furnished Finder, Zillow, Grasshopper, Google Drive, GMail, Google Groups, etc.
- Respond to tenant maintenance requests. Determine level of repair needed. Call local handymen and vendors to coordinate and complete repairs.
- Go on-site to properties to facilitate showings, maintenance and repairs, inspections, etc
- Communicate with owners and tenants about building activities like entering units for showings and inspections, dates of planned maintenance, and timelines for repairs
- Create marketing materials (mailers, business cards, flyers, etc)
- Participate in developing the overall business strategy to help us meet our goals, grow the company, and maintain high quality service
- You live close to the Augusta, Winthrop, Readfield area and can be at any of our properties in those cities within minutes
- You have a reliable vehicle
- Must be available to work occasional early evenings and weekends (around one week per month) for unit showings. Regular hours during the week will be reduced as needed to offset these hours.
- You understand the basics of using Microsoft Word and Excel, GMail, Google Drive, Dropbox, and can generally figure out new computer programs easily
- Available to start work immediately or with standard two-weeks’ notice
- You qualify for valid employment in the US
- You will submit to and pass a background check
- Must show proof of covid vaccination
- You believe in our mission of providing high quality, honest, and reliable services and the idea of contributing to that mission excites you