at Apex Systems, Inc. in Scarborough, Maine, United States
Clinical Affairs is looking for a clinical assistant to support and inventory a biorepository of blood and swab samples, order and maintain clinical and laboratory supplies and coordinate shipments.
Clinical Research Assistant
- Be familiar with appropriate biosafety regulations, relevant department SOP’s and internal tracking systems.
- Provide general administrative, research and laboratory support to the Clinical Affairs Department and assistance to department Manager(s) and Director(s).
- Support the Clinical Operations teams with ongoing sample collections, biorepository activities and clinical trials.
- Be familiar with ICH GCP, appropriate regulations, relevant SOPs and internal tracking systems.
- Assist project teams with study specific documentation and guidelines as appropriate.
- Coordinate and facilitate blood draws with phlebotomist; facilitate other internal sample collections
- Receive and inventory biological samples; populate a database to track the disposition of samples.
- Assess and verify inventory of frozen biospecimens against database entries.
- Retrieve specified samples from freezer inventory and prepare material for US or international shipment.
- Coordinate compliant shipments of biological samples, investigational devices and other applicable study supplies with Material Handling department.
- Create purchase requisitions, order laboratory and study supplies and maintain real-time inventory tracking of supplies.
- Inventory, ship, track and log all supplies and devices in support of clinical studies. Facilitate final accountability of all clinical supplies and devices.
- To copy, route and file incoming correspondence, internal documentation, CRFs, etc., as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Either relevant work experience or HS Diploma/Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred(or equivalent).
- Research, laboratory or health care related academic or work experience preferable.
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and meticulous attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy: e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Travel requirement <10%
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf