at General Dynamics Information Technology in South Portland, Maine, United States
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Public Trust/Other Required: Other
Job Family: Project/Task Management
We are GDIT. We build cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity to help us find solutions to complex problems and play an essential part in preparing our nation for the future.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Sr. Project Manager of Infrastructure supporting TSS Platform Services, you will be trusted to deliver secure, scalable, efficient, and innovative infrastructure platforms that enable our customers to deliver on critical business and mission objectives.
GDIT TSS is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to work with our affiliate, GDMS.
In this role, a typical day will include the responsibilities below:
- Leading teams in delivery of project(s) that span across several GDIT business units
- Develop and manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality activities
- Management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful on-time project delivery
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery
- Run projects on a day-to-day basis, managing a team of cross functional Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in the delivery of the documented requirements
- Verify projects produce required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and achieve desired business outcomes defined in the business case
- Briefing executive leadership on scope, schedule, budget, issues and risks associated with infrastructure projects (cloud, on premises)
- Owns project success and drives accountability with project team in delivering desired business objectives
- Organizational liaison for Technology Shared Services to GDIT program and functional teams
+ Bachelors Degree or relevant experience
+ 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
+ PMP Certification
+ Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure Certifications
+ Experience moving/migrating enterprise storage and computing servers at scale, preferably to cloud solutions (Azure, AWS)
+ Basic experience with enterprise level storage, backups, compute solutions (VMware, Cisco UCS Blades), security.
+ Proven self-starter that takes personal responsibility & accountability for project teams’ results.
+ Proven experience in effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing initiatives
+ Understands project(s) in context of greater organizational strategy and how it contributes to the organizational vision
+ Ability to challenge project/technical team to achieve desired business results
+ Comfortable briefing executive level clientele, distilling complex project / technical scope to pertinent details that afford decision makers necessary information for informed business decisions
+ Strong written/verbal communications skills
+ Strong conflict resolution skills
+ Capacity to manage high stress situations
+ Expert level MS Office Applications (+Visio, MS Project)
+ Experienced in staffing responsibilities based on project requirements
+ Experienced in coaching and mentoring junior team members
+ Experienced in hybrid cloud platform initiation, migration, optimization
Security clearance level:
Must be a US Citizen to be able to obtain and maintain Security Clearance
8 years as a technical Project Manager/Team Lead
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU :
401K with company match
Customizable health benefits packages
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
Full-flex work week
Not sure this job’s the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers. Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? ."
\#Microsoft Project #Project Management #PMI #Infrastructure \#Cloud
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.