at Amec Foster Wheeler Environment
Job DescriptionOverview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilient Environments is seeking a n energetic Mechanical Engineer ing Manager to manage and grow the Mechanical Engineering practice within our North Atlantic Architectural Engineering (A/E) Team .
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in HVAC, plumbing, energy, and fire protection design, planning , and construction administration as well as the leadership experience and communication skills to fuel growth , engage with clients, and mentor/support staff with navigating their careers.
Our A/E Team provides technical solutions for challenging projects and complex design problems, focused on providing sustainable, resilient, and energy efficient solutions for our clients and projects. Our projects include; building restoration, renovation, and new construction in commercial, municipal, federal, and industrial sectors. Examples of some of our recent projects include highly secure radar facilities, combined heat and power (CHP) plants, hospital renovations, office renovations, industrial warehouses and maintenance facilities, geothermal system designs, and upgrades to HVAC systems in historic buildings.
Key Responsibilities :
- Lead d esign s of HVAC and plumbing systems including p repar ation of calculations, construction drawings, specifications, and engineer's cost estimates.
- Provide senior review and peer review of mechanical engineering designs
- Supervise and mentor mid-level and junior staff as they build their careers
- Coordinat e with other building design disciplines and work in a team environment
- Be a key contributor to new business development and growth of Wood's local Mechanical Engineering practice
- Participate is strategic growth planning
- Support proposal preparation and business development, creating technical scopes of work and man-hour estimates
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of Mechanical Engineering consulting experience
- Professional Mechanical Engineer registratio n
- Expertise through past experience in developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- Familiarity with the current energy modeling software and equipment selection
- Expertise through past experience in developing new business opportunities and client proposals
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Project management experience
- Open minded and fast learner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Must be willing and able to travel to project sites and meetings throughout the US, typically up to one week at a time.
- General electrical and fire protection system knowledge is a plus.
- Interest or experience in solar design, LEED certification, and energy efficiency are a plus.
- Experience in commissioning and retro-commissioning
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you're an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.