at Amec Foster Wheeler Environment
Job DescriptionOverview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Americas is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to help grow our Northeast US Operations based in Portland, Maine. Our team is a multi-disciplinary engineering/architecture/science team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
Wood is seeking an energetic Senior Civil Engineer who will fuel growth of our civil engineering department while contributing to technical development of civil engineering designs, drainage plans, erosion and sediment control designs, stormwater models, and permit applications for a wide variety of projects. Recent and ongoing projects include landfill caps, site development for new buildings, water/wastewater/stormwater infrastructure improvements, airport infrastructure improvements, mine-related permitting, and electric/gas utility infrastructure improvements. The position will primarily work in an office/home office setting but may require occasional travel to client facilities in support of business development and project-related activities.
- Be a key contributor to new business development and growth of Wood's local Civil Engineering delivery team
- Lead, coordinate, and manage teams of architects, engineers, designers, and subconsultants to deliver assigned projects on-time and within budget
- Lead civil engineering design activities within multidiscipline design teams
- Conduct independent technical reviews of civil related design and construction deliverables
- Prepare engineering design calculations and design reports
- Prepare project permitting documents for local, state and federal site-related permits
- Perform construction inspection and oversight activities
- Interact with coworkers, clients, and prospective clients while conducting work in a professional and ethical manner
- Coach and mentor Junior Civil Engineers and Civil Designers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or related field
- 10+ years' civil engineering consulting experience
- Expertise through past experience in developing new business opportunities and client proposals.
- Expertise through past experience in developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- Project management experience
- Professional Civil Engineer registration
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Open minded and fast learner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
Why join our Portland Wood Team? We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base! Our knowledgeable and skilled Architects and Engineers make us known in the industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. Our Portland, Maine team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you're an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! What is considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - please consider joining us! www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.