in York County, ME
Classroom Support Aides
Do you have a passion to make a difference while positively impacting the lives of young children and their families?
Visit our website at https://yccac.org/join-our-staff/ to complete an application.
Why join our team:
“Head Start really does make a difference in our community. I see it impact families directly. It has impacted me; it has made a difference in my life. Where else can you be greeted with smiles and hugs on a daily basis? It’s fantastic!” – Early Childhood Education Coordinator
- We partner with families of young children (zero to five) in York County to offer a comprehensive program that includes education, health and well-being.
- We value our positive team environment by:
- Encouraging open communication and ongoing supervision
- Providing thorough orientation and training
- Supporting growth opportunities with financial funding
- What we offer:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus payable in two installments ($300 after 30 days & $700 after 3 months)
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays
- School year schedule including school breaks
- Educational assistance
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma, GED or HSE equivalent.
- Open to completing a fully funded CDA course within one year of hire.
- Experience working with children ages 6 weeks – 3 years for our Early Head Start classrooms and 3-5 years for our Head Start/Pre-K classrooms; special needs experience is preferred.
- Provides classroom support to teachers and nutrition staff on a daily basis.
- Completes tasks to assure a clean, safe and inviting classroom for children to learn and explore.
- Ensures Agency’s full compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
- Plays with children.
- YCCAC attempts to comply fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning employees, including those pertaining to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination. These federal rules include anticipated OSHA standards and emergency temporary standards mandating employee COVID-19 vaccination, as well as U.S. DHHS rules requiring that teachers and staff at Head Start and Early Head Start programs be vaccinated no later than January 1, 2022.
About our positions:
- Locations: Saco, Sanford
- Starting Rate: $12.39
- Schedule: Mon.-Fri.
Please visit our website for available positions and the full job description.
How to apply:
- Visit our web site at https://yccac.org/join-our-staff/ to complete an application. Completed applications will be accepted until December 17, 2021.
- York County Community Action – 6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72, Sanford, ME 04073
- (207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762 Fax (207)459-2838
EOETo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account