at Johnny's Selected Seeds in Winslow, Maine, United States
The Contact Center Specialist provides professional quality, best-in-class service to existing and prospective new customers by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and mission of Johnny's Selected Seeds. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with an aptitude for finding the right solutions to customers' needs and wants.
Full-time and part-time positions available at our Fairfield location.Requirements
- Handle inbound calls.
- Communicate directly with customers by telephone, chat, and/or electronic methods.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent documentation and records with a high attention to detail, to ensure data accuracy in the order-entry systems and other technology systems as needed.
- Recommend and provide advice regarding products and services with clarity and confidence.
- Obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Understand and adhere to established department protocols and processes.
- Build relationships and work closely with co-workers at all levels of the organization, in a positive manner, to leverage the knowledge and the experience of the JSS staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and escalate priority issues.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability as an essential function of this position.
- Assist in entering mail, fax, and web orders.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- An interest or prior experience in agriculture, farming, or home gardening
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software applications, with the ability to work in more than one program simultaneously, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to learn difficult information quickly
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Forward thinking
- A team player with a strong work ethic and an outgoing positive attitude
- Propensity for taking that extra step in finding the right solutions for each individual customer's needs
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with an ability to deliver the intended message in a friendly and professional manner
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices, "the customer's first" approach.
- Proficiency in keyboarding/typing
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 75% of the workday
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.