at Johnny's Selected Seeds in Winslow, Maine, United States
Seasonal Operations Associate
Gearing up for a new and exciting SEASON!
Many openings available -All Shifts
Shipping / Warehouse/ Seed Packing – Second Shift 2:40pm – 11:10pm
Sunday through Thursday or Monday through Friday 5:50 am – 2:20 pm
Part Time also available with a minimum of 3 days including Sunday.
Johnny’s is currently seeking Seasonal Operations Associates for our 2021- 2022 season. These positions can be in any of the following departments- Shipping, Seed Packing, or Warehouse. We are looking for dependable individuals who can commit to a 4-6-month position from November/December thru April/May.
Shipping, Seed Packing, & Warehouse Function May Include:
- Assist in daily order shipments; by gathering, checking, packing, shipping, stocking and other duties as needed
- Able to perform basic computer tasks.
- Utilize handheld units for accurate inventory picking and tracking.
- Preparing inventory for the shipping department
- Pack seed into commercial and consumer sizes using various hand or mechanical means available
- Comfortable working in a repetitive process’s environment
- Ability to follow processes and detailed instructions
- Familiar with conversions of oz/lb into grams
- Process Bulk Seed Orders -Commercial (50-70lbs)
- Locate incoming material in various stockrooms
- Locating material within the Johnny’s Inventory systems
- Restacking of material, shrink-wrapping and identifying
- Assist receiver as needed with sampling, labeling, or receiving
- Assist cycle counters as needed with locating and weighing
- Assist in maintaining a balanced work area by setting a quick/accurate pace
- Communicate problems or shortages to your supervisor or Lead.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as with a team.
- Working in a safe and effective manner is required.
- Able to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a positive and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Ability to respect the core values of the company and comply with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Be available for both weekend hours and overtime.
- Team focused and collaborative to achieve departmental and company goals
- Ability to read, communicate, and work with numbers.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift to 50 lbs. repetitively.
- Ability to climb stationary ladders.
$2 Shift Differential for Second Shift
Johnny’s Selected Seeds was established in 1973 by our Founder and Chairman, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny’s mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.
Johnny’s is renowned for our exceptional customer service offering seeds, tools, supplies and information to direct-market growers and avid home gardeners. We source, breed, trial, and sell outstanding selected varieties of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, and farm seed, as well as thoughtfully designed tools and equipment. We take pride in the wealth of information and depth of experience we offer our customer base, nationwide and globally.
We are a strong, stable company focused on growth while still maintaining our small company feel and staying true to our roots. Beautiful Central Maine, where our research farm, warehouse, and offices are located, is the perfect launching point for an active, four season lifestyle. Geographically situated halfway between Maine’s mountains and its 4500-mile-long coastline, we’re a short drive away from resorts, parks, and harbors renowned for a rich diversity of recreational and cultural opportunities. If you are passionate about good, healthy food and would choose to work for a company with employee owners (Ft) who are passionate about our mission and values, Johnny’s may be the place for you!