at In-Home Care in Lincoln, Maine, United States
The Essential Functions of a Personal Support Specialist, sometime referred to a Personal Care Assistant:
* Assists clients with personal care such as bathing, dressing, and grooming. Very often, heavy lifting for mobility assistance is not required.
* Assists clients with meal and snack preparation.
* May also shop for groceries and other necessities.
* Provides companionship & assistance with hobbies.
* Performs homemaking activities which may include: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms