at York County Government in Alfred, Maine, United States
County of York
Maintenance Technician I
Salary: $16.51—$18.40./40 hrs. week
Union: M.S.E.A. – Grade 5
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Maintenance Technician 1 is responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on facilities, equipment, and grounds, in addition to performing daily custodial services as well as other miscellaneous duties to ensure that County buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISE
Works under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager who provides guidance on technical matters, and who reviews completed work assignments for conformance with established rules, regulations, and state laws.
The Maintenance Tech 1 reports to the Facilities Manager and cares for County facilities and equipment. Maintaining these responsibilities will help to ensure the health, safety, and security of the public. This will require a flexible working schedule.
- Clean and care for buildings and facilities to ensure they are maintained in a safe and health manner.
- Clean offices, meeting chambers, bathrooms, and other public spaces by sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, sealing, buffing, washing rooms, vacuuming, washing surfaces, etc.
- Wash and disinfect all bathroom floors, toilets, hand dryers and fixtures.
- Clean all mirrors, replenish bathroom supplies as needed.
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans.
- Place garbage in outside dumpster
- Clean entrances and exits including glass, doors, and hardware.
- Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of snow, trash, paper, etc.
- Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountain.
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs.
- Report damages and acts of vandalism
- Wash, buff and refinish floors.
- Wash entrance and exit floors.
- Spot clean walls as necessary
- Special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Maintain storage areas of cleaning equipment, materials, and supplies in a safe and orderly manner to ensure the safety of all staff and the public.
- Secure storage areas
- Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies.
- Restock supplies, as necessary.
- Make note of the need for equipment and facilities repairs.
- Perform routine heating, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repairs where license or profession certification is not
- Building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs, as necessary.
- Implement and maintain preventive maintenance measures.
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and building supplies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Construction projects as assigned and supervised by the Facilities Manager.
- Grounds maintenance projects as assigned and supervised by the Facilities Manager.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Maintenance Tech 1 will understand standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment utilized. He/She must possess a working knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. The individual must have the ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
The Maintenance Tech 1 will possess the following skills and abilities: team building, decision making, problem solving, effective verbal and listening communication skills, time management, ability to pick up and carry 65 pounds, utilization of power tools, climb ladders and stairs, stand for prolonged periods of time and ability to work outdoors when necessary, under adverse weather conditions.
This employee is responsible for the use of safety devices and protective equipment to minimize the frequency and severity of work-related accidents. The employee is responsible for using safe practices and methods in the operation and supplies related to their job.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Some experience in general cleaning, light maintenance of buildings and grounds preferred.
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position need to submit a York County application and resume to Human Resources.
This position will remain open until filled.
York County applications can be located and downloaded from the County website: www.yorkcountymaine.gov
Applications/Resumes can be dropped off or mailed to:
York County Human Resources
Attn: Linda Corliss
45 Kennebunk Road
Alfred, ME 04002
Physical Address: 149 Jordan Springs Road, Alfred, ME 04002
York County Government is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran Status.