at Sunday River Skiway Corp in Newry, Maine, United States
The Sunday River lodging team members are enthusiastic, have an eye for the details, are ambitious, have a positive “get ‘er done attitude” and are passionate about providing exceptional service to our guests. If that sounds like you, we want you on our team! We have fun, love what we do, work together as a team and use every guest interaction as an opportunity to create an unforgettable experience at our hotels. Come join us!
Full-time year round, full-time seasonal, part-time and temporary positions are available. Team members must be available to work on specified days during the busiest times of the season, which include weekends and holidays.
- Advocate of Safety – Team members are expected to promote and act as a role model of the American Hotel and Lodging Safe Stay Guidelines, OSHA standards and Sunday River’s safety policies.
- Commitment to Exceptional Guest Service – Team members are expected to always provide our guests with an effortless, comfortable, and flawless lodging experience at Sunday River. The lodging team members will be responsible for our guests’ accommodation experience, including but not limited to, providing a warm welcome to our guests and creating a memorable first impression of our properties, providing the guest with accurate information about the resort and hotel amenities, meticulously maintaining the hotel common areas and guest rooms, following through on guest requests with efficient accuracy and, inviting them to return for another visit to Sunday River. Every guest interaction should be focused on providing a brilliant experience at our hotels.
- Support Team Work – Team members are expected to work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members and managers, fulfill schedule commitments and add availability during peak times, be on time and prepared for work, be pro-active in helping during high occupancy times, willing to take on more responsibilities as needed and accept daily assignments with a positive “can-do” attitude!
- Pursue Professional Development – Team members are expected to take advantage of in-house training opportunities. Team members should actively access their skills and seek feedback and guidance from other team members, trainers and managers that can support their development. Team members should be committed to improving, learning and developing as a lodging team member, we are always “green and growing” and are always striving to be the best team member we can be!
- Assist with all aspects of the housekeeping department at the hotels including the thorough cleaning of guest rooms, lobbies, guest hallways, the Health Club and other areas of the hotel and separate, wash, dry, iron, fold and organize all hotel towels and linens.
- Use provided task checklists, daily priority assignments and communication tools to ensure that all areas are meticulously cleaned with efficiency.
- Provide welcoming, efficient and accurate services to guests during their stay including delivery of amenities and in room cleaning during their stays.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the resort Team Handbook and the Lodging Team Member Manual.
- Respectfully use team member benefits as they are outlined in resort policies.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in job sharing; assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; sharing insights from guest interactions and ideas for improvements; accepting diverse assignments; maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all team member and guest interactions.
- Encourage friends, family and others interested in hospitality to also become team members.
- Meet schedule commitments to cover business needs. Help cover as many of the peak business days as possible.
- Support lodging sales by learning, understanding and being able to explain Sunday River’s property highlights, reservation processes and other operational procedures to team members and guests to enhance the guest experience.
- Other duties as assigned.