at Genuine Parts Company in WESTBROOK, Maine, United States
Job DescriptionNAPA Auto Parts
The Core Processing Clerk unloads, stages, sorts, and scans core returns and core defective merchandise from our customers.Position Performance Measures: Sales Quota
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Unloads and stages core return and core defective merchandise.
- Sorts and scans core return and core defective merchandise returned from our customers.
- Completes all paperwork associated with core procedures.
- Runs copies of credits and distributes as directed.
- Stocks and picks parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work the hours of 8:00am to 4:30 pm M-F
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 6 months prior work experience.
- Forklift Certified.
- Knowledge of using pallet jack or two-way radio.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Able to read and able to write legibly.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to utilize the AS400 Computer system and terminal.
- Ability to utilize the JD Edwards system.
- Strong desire to learn.
- Organized, self-motivator.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Complies with all safety requirements pertaining to job functions and location.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Visually capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers and their sequencing.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Ability to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs. and push or pull up to 300 lbs. with assistance of a two-wheel dolly or fork lift.
- Ability to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor level shelves and able to reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand truck, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.