at Concentra in Lewiston, Maine, United States
Front Office Specialist Medical Lewiston, ME
Medical Center - Front Office
Full Time Regular
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Patient Service Specialist. Working in the front office is one of the most important roles in our company. You are the face of Concentra to our communities. We will rely on your ability to maintain a calm, friendly and welcoming demeanor under just about any circumstances.
Concentra offers limitless growth opportunities so you can continue to build your career in the health care field. You will receive hands-on training and gain valuable experience caring for patients every day. Your positive attitude and excellent communication skills will make a direct, meaningful impact on the patient experience.
As the first and last point of contact to our patients, you will ensure patients feel comfortable during their visit, multitasking between greeting patients and managing a variety of administrative duties.
* Greets patients and visitors, communicates wait times and directs them accordingly.
* Obtains authorization as needed to process patients for services needed.
* Checks patients in appropriate patient management system in accordance with client company protocols.
* Explains all required forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork.
* Answers incoming telephone lines in accordance with company procedures and directs the caller accordingly.
* Checks out patients in appropriate patient management system according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employer's protocols.
* Files paperwork, medical records and correspondence according to defined company procedure.
* Maintains inventory of office supplies and printed forms.
* Manages dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury paperwork, custody and control forms.
* Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
* Attends center staff meetings and participates in ongoing training
* Completes processing of patient referrals including accurate checkout, paperwork processing, patient education and communication with Client Support Services as required.
* Assists Center Administrator in managing daily administrative functions.
* Complete understanding and ability to perform in all aspects of front office operations
* Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards
* Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility
High school graduate or equivalent
One year of experience in customer service environment preferred
Demonstrated Intermediate knowledge of PCs, word processing, and data entry
Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
Fast paced, deadline-oriented office environment
401(k) with Employer Match
Paid Time Off
Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you're looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
EOE, including disability/veterans
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.