at Silvex, Inc in Westbrook, Maine, United States
The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep of the facility and are skilled in a variety of areas including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. This position inspects buildings, maintains inventory, calibrates equipment, and maintains and repairs factory equipment and machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts by using measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Silvex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent or experience working on machinery in a manufacturing plant or similar
- Familiarity with computers
Silvex is committed to providing our employees and their families with the resources necessary to stay healthy, happy, and productive. Silvex is committed to providing a competitive package to our employees that is customized to meet the needs of our employees.
The following are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Health Reimbursement Program