at Saint Joseph's College in Standish, Maine, United States
Prep Cook- Per Diem Staff, Standish, ME Saint Joseph’s College, located on Sebago Lake, has openings in Pearson’s Cafe!
The goal of Food Services is to model a sense of campus community through interactions between our chefs, food operations staff, and student employees that are both collaborative and cooperative. Our shared focus is to nourish the body and soul of our students through the food we serve.
The Prep Cook position plays a key role within the Pearson’s team by:
- Preparing quality well sourced food by understanding and executing food handling skills in a professional kitchen environment
- Performing quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Following a set of procedures in the preparation and execution of daily meals
- Following prep lists created by chefs to execute duties
- Ensuring all prepared ingredients are properly labeled, organized and easily assessable when stocked on shelves
- Following guidelines for guests with dietary restrictions and allergies relating to food items served
- Being cross trained to work in various stations in each food service location
- Supporting Events or Pearson’s Café as business dictates during Summer Hospitality Season
- Showing enthusiasm and a positive attitude at all times while taking ownership of the Pearson's Café Food Program
Food Operations maintains a high standard for safety and sanitation by supporting the Safety Manual guidelines, providing training sessions across culinary topics, and adhering to all Health Department, OSHA and ADA regulations.
This is a Per Diem 9 month staff position with estimated regular hours of up to 40 per week. Must be available for evening and weekend work.
Success individuals in this role will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong communication skills
- Teamwork and a willingness to help others
- A positive attitude to foster a cohesive working environment
- A passion for food and high quality service
- Promotes and practices the values of the College and the Sisters of Mercy
- Wanting to do your best and taking pride in your work
- Ability to manage preparation and cooking times of multiple items efficiently and timely
- Exhibits proper cooking techniques as outlined by menu or manager
- Knowledgeable of proper cleaning and sanitation procedures in accordance with best practices and Maine State Food Code
- ServSafe certified equivalent certificate in proper sanitation procedures and safe food handling, must provide valid certification with 120 days
- Minimum two years experience in related field or position
- Knowledge and adherence to all Personal Protective Equipment per OSHA guidelines