at OUT Maine in Rockland, Maine, United States
OUT Maine is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic youth engagement coordinator to work actively with LGBTQ+ youth through our existing programs as well as creating new ones. Join our great team as we work to make Maine welcoming and affirming for queer youth.
The position will actively engage youth in building their individual capacity as well as their leadership skills around issues of public health, social justice and restorative practices. The coordinator will develop youth engagement programming; collaborate with a variety of community partners; and facilitate training on youth-adult partnerships. This position will work closely with our Mental Health Coordinator to form a powerful youth-focused team improving the lives of LGBTQ+ youth.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human services, or public health related field, with 2-3 years’ experience with positive youth development and workshop facilitation with adolescents and adult learners, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and interest in working with LGBTQ+ youth required; familiarity with the midcoast area of Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox and Waldo counties a plus.
- Excellent facilitation and training skills with both youth and adults in multiple settings.
- Knowledge of positive youth development, youth-adult partnerships, prevention and public health practices, and/or commercial tobacco prevention work a plus.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries, both online and social media.
- Strong interpersonal communication.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and with multiple partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite.
This position is full-time and is based in Rockland, Maine. Some travel around the state is required, as well as some evening and weekend hours that are scheduled in advance. Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background, child protective service check and sex offender check. Must have a good driving record and be able to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
Salary is $38-40,000 based on experience. 3 weeks’ paid vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave; 14 paid holidays; 100% employee health care costs; retirement contribution match after one year.
Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2021. No phone calls please. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
OUT Maine values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We follow federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability or veteran status.