at University of New England in Biddeford, Maine, United States
The Payroll Information Administrator is responsible for quality assurance of the new hire, benefit and HRIS data and information. This position assists with payroll automation projects and streamlining the information workflow process between Payroll, Human Resources, and other departments. The Payroll Information Administrator is responsible for conducting root cause analysis to identify payroll systems’ problems/issues and developing audits and checkpoints to ensure compliant and accurate data according to policies, procedures, and regulations. This position is also responsible for managing and supervising the Payroll Office Federal work study students.
- Works with Human Resources to manage the workflow of employee payroll, accounting and general information and to ensure accuracy into the Banner HRIS software.
- Uses knowledge of Banner HRIS, Cognos, and related systems to streamline how standard payroll and human resource related information is entered, stored, and accessed.
- Understands the features of Banner information and develops methods for accessing and tracking information critical to the organization.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining payroll audits for periodic, quarter, and annual payroll processes or as required.
- Manages and supervises the Payroll Office Federal work study students.
- Maintains system data information and integrity through establishing and maintaining regular audits.
- Suggests alternative methods of operation to establish improved technological efficiencies, including streamlining workflow and process improvement.
- Creates and ensures adherence of current payroll policies and procedures.
- Establishes, monitors, and verifies retirement contributions to assure that annual contributions remain within IRS specifications and ensures accurate entry of retirement deferral election forms.
- Assists managers in their requests for Banner HRIS information.
- Performs payroll salary redistributions as necessary.
- Interfaces regularly with Human Resources and Information Technology Services to assure effective and seamless functioning of the Banner HRIS system for departmental and general employee purposes.
- Researches health and dental insurance reconciliation items in conjunction with the Human Resources and Accounting Offices.
- Maintains the IRS Form W-4 process for employees filing exempt from taxation.
- Ensures compliance with multi-state taxation situations including State withholding document collection and processing.
- Assists with payroll automation projects including Web Time Entry.
- Assists Payroll Manager in fiscal year end and calendar year end tasks and responsibilities.
- Prepares the Social Security Administration Number Verification Service process.
- Plans for and manages process changes in Banner resulting from the benefit open enrollment process.
- Commits to actively fostering a welcoming culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Completes University new employee orientation and sexual harassment training within 30 days of the date of hire.
- Understands and complies with the University of New England Personnel Handbook.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.