at Woodfords Family Services in Hartland, Maine, United States
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
We've got an employment opportunity that changes lives, including yours!
We are seeking compassionate and energetic individuals, who are committed to support children and teens with special needs and their families, to join our Rehabilitative & Community Support team!
Woodfords is growing, and we are hiring a BHP in Hartland!
- Support needed for a 15 year old male
- M, W & F 3pm to 7pm
- Sat & Sun 10am to 3pm
- 17 to 22 hours/week
Pay/Compensation: $14.00 to $15.00 hourly
- Paid Training and Certification
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
About the Person We Want to Join Our Team as a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- Compassionate, energetic and a people person!
- Supportive and has a passion for helping others
- Has good verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent problem solver
- Patient, understanding and creative
- Available afternoons, evenings, and some weekends
- You're a dynamic individual who wants to impact the lives of people with special needs and their families!
If the above describes you, then a position as a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) at Woodfords could be waiting for you!
About the BHP Role:
As a Woodfords' Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- Work one-on-one with a child or adolescent with special needs within their home and community focusing on behaviors, social skills, personal and daily routines, as well as community inclusion
- Be a key member of the Rehabilitative & Community Support program working independently with the child and cooperatively with a treatment team
We invest in our employees and provide paid training & opportunities for advancement! We teach the skills and strategies needed to be successful.
Key Qualifications of a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- High School Diploma or GED/HiSET required
- Valid driver's license required
- A reliable vehicle with current auto insurance required
- Experience working with children with autism or intellectual disabilities (Desired, not required)
- Experience using teaching strategies derived from the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) (Desired, not required)
- A positive attitude, high energy level and creativity
As an agency, Woodfords has implemented robust safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines. We value the health and safety of our employees and consumers.
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967. For 50 years, our agency has been Maine's leader in the provision of services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Want to learn more about our agency, programs or employment opportunities?
- Check out our website: Woodfords Family Services
Take a look at these videos and hear from our staff, consumers and families:
Additional Opportunities for Woodfords' Employees:
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Training and Professional Development
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.