at Woodfords Family Services in Windham, Maine, United States
Foster Family Support Worker
Part-time Position - Therapeutic Foster Care
$13.00 to $14.50 Hourly
Woodfords has part-time employment opportunities for compassionate, energetic people who desire to support children and young adults in Maine's foster care system and their foster parents.
Woodfords' Therapeutic Foster Program provides treatment-level foster care to children birth to 21 years with developmental and/or emotional disabilities who cannot reside with their biological family.
- With the support of trained foster parents and Woodfords' treatment team, including Foster Family Support Workers, children and teens are offered guidance with psychological, emotional, social, behavioral and learning issues.
- The best interests of the child or teen are served while promoting family reunification and life skills growth.
- Afternoons, evenings, and weekend when children/teens are home from school
Part-time Foster Family Support Workers receive:
- Paid Training
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Additional Supplemental Voluntary Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
As an agency, Woodfords has implemented robust safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines. We value the health and safety of our employees and consumers.
Responsibilities of a Foster Family Support Worker:
- Provide relief services to foster families when needed
- Provide one-on-one support to foster child in their foster home and community with a focus on the following areas: daily living, social interaction, behavior management and communication
- Provide work schedules, summaries of progress on goals/objectives, and other required paperwork to Program Director and/or Foster Home Case Manager on a bi-weekly basis
- Complete all reports and other required paperwork in a timely manner and according to program guidelines
- Actively participate as a member of Treatment Team
Qualifications of a Foster Family Support Worker:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, and have relevant life experience that includes, but is not limited to, post-high school or equivalent education or other specialized training
- Must possess a least six months experience working with children and/or families; work experience with children who have special needs preferred
- Must possess a valid State of Maine driver's license, acceptable background check and have use of a properly insured/dependable vehicle
- Must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have knowledge of typical and atypical child development, developmental disabilities/delays and mental health needs
- Must possess the ability to observe, interpret and document each child's progress according to individualized service plan
- Must possess the ability to develop a positive/healthy rapport with children and families
Additional Opportunities for Woodfords' Employees:
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Training and Professional Development
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967.
As Maine's leader in the provision of services for individuals with autism, developmental disabilities and intellectual disabilities, Woodfords offers programs to help children, youth and adults reach their goals and achieve their highest potential.
- When you join Woodfords Family Services, as a Foster Family Support Worker, you make a difference in the lives of children and teens in foster care, and their foster families.
To learn more: Woodfords Family Services
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.