at Labcorp in Augusta, Maine, United States
Labcorp Drug Development is seeking a Team Manager, Study Management to support our Biotech team!
LabCorp Drug Development provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry. We strive to make a difference to people’s everyday lives by bringing essential medicines to the market.
As a key member of the Central Labs Project Management team, you will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):
1. Supervise the day-to-day operations of the assigned client team members including but not limited to:
2. Ensure appropriate resource allocation to successfully implement and execute project plans to achieve agreed upon service levels.
3. Manage the workload balance within their team and participate in resource management across all global teams.
4. Ensure the seamless integration of the Study Management team services.
5. Ensure the consistent implementation, use, and review of SOPs.
6. Coordinate and monitor progress to ensure achievement of BioTech goals.
7. Implement, monitor, and report performance metrics and take corrective action when appropriate.
1. Grow and develop the Biotech team including but not limited to:
2. Ensure the development of a competent workforce to meet growth plans within budget.
3. Establish and monitor performance objectives for assigned direct reports and taking corrective action where appropriate.
4. Complete thorough, timely and well-documented performance evaluations and, where applicable, interim progress review for the assigned direct reports.
5. Accountable for the activities and outcomes of its direct reports, taking corrective actions where appropriate.
1. Instill and manage a culture of continuous improvement, quality, and productivity:
2. Monitor and track resolution of all client complaints, issues and concerns related to the portfolio of its assigned direct reports.
3. Ensure issues are documented and leveraged to prevent repeat occurrence.
4. Leverage therapeutic area expertise by ensuring the breadth of experiences and liaison network are leveraged.
1. Ensure the team and department delivers on client commitments in accordance with World Class Project Management and Service Excellence:
2. Ensure best practices are applied within the team with regards to budget and risk management.
3. Ensure systems (eg, PST) are updated to accurately reflect workload, timelines, etc.
4. Ensure management of study milestones and proactive communication with clients.
5. Proactively consult with clients regarding the impact of their decisions. Seek to understand their true needs and how Labcorp Drug Development can best deliver to their needs.
6. Understand how each client defines success and tailor processes and interpersonal approach to best meet client needs, while balancing the advantages of global consistency.
1. Effectively collaborate with others and work across boundaries as necessary:
2. Assist the Global Team Manager in managing and supervising the day-to-day operations of the global BioTech team.
3. Work with the appropriate Business Development Directors to understand the culture and pipeline of assigned customer(s).
4. Works across our Central Labs Services functions and Labcorp Drug Development Business Units to remove barriers and optimize client delivery consistent with a perspective of One Labcorp Drug Development.
1. Other duties as assigned.
+ High School Diploma required. BS preferred.
+ Demonstrated strong customer service skills
+ Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
+ Strong planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
+ Proven record of driving continuous improvement
+ Demonstrated a high degree of initiative and ability to work collaboratively
+ Demonstrated experience in team building, influencing and conflict resolution
+ Proven track record of successful project completion