at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Be a part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Join The Baker Company team - and help us support science!
The ERP Business Analyst will use problem-solving skills to review, analyze, and make recommendations designed to implement Planning & Scheduling and enhance business processes within Production Management. You will be the centralized figure responsible for working cross functionally within the organization to interface with internal customers to address issues in business process and lead projects related to more efficient use of our ERP System and related applications. The ERP Business Analyst will serve as a liaison between multiple business units and technology experts to define process improvements by developing technical specifications and assist with related training with the goal of growing business performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Module Expertise in Supply Chain Management, Production Management and Planning & Scheduling
- Identify high-level business and information system requirements; analyze, document, and recommend business process design based on work processes and operational controls by participating in projects to gather requirements, define goals, design, configure, test, and implement ERP related applications and workflows.
- Support an enterprise ERP across multiple business units by mapping out process changes, defining requirements and scope, and proactively communicating project to leader, stakeholders, technology groups and users.
- Continually evaluate business processes and workflows, policies and procedures and provide recommendations for automation into the Baker’s ERP application and input into improving system controls, reliability, and performance with a focus on error reduction and achieving operational efficiencies.
- Lead all activities related to process mapping and workflows; identify, diagnose, and design technical processes required to ensure effective controls and that meet the needs of the department.
- Be the gate keeper for all ERP requests, ensuring they are supported by a business case before requiring technical support
- Create business queries utilizing ERP tools.
- Translate technical concepts into simple language for non-technical business users
- Minimize, qualify, and assess the use of customized “workarounds” within ERP
- Minimize, qualify, and assess any non-ERP supported applications identified to assist in solving business problems.
- Identify and lead the implementation teams associated with ERP initiatives, including software applications that integrate or interface with ERP (e.g., API and PDM products).
- Document and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions for ERP activities
- Determine needed customizations for ERP Software
- You will work closely with the business professionals to ensure the effectiveness of solutions deployed, support of business goals and objectives. In collaboration with leadership, you will identify critical reporting needs and ensure business processes can deliver impactful analytics.
- Assist with release upgrades, implementing application improvement requests, and drive projects from inception to completion.
- Develop and maintain project plans/backlogs to facilitate progress reports and ensure deliverable are met.
- Troubleshoot and resolve ERP related application issues, determine appropriate actions, discuss actions with stakeholders, implement, review and test approved activities for desired outcomes.
- Test software updates, new system functionality, report development, and queries.
- Assist subject matter experts (SME) with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, and analyzing data flow for process improvement opportunities.
- Document process changes and communicate effectively with users and vendors; create training documents and facilitate training sessions for end users.
- Provide training and guidance to in-house ERP users.
- Lead continuous improvement projects and offer Best Practices.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as required
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Meets defined goals and objectives
- Meets/supports strategic objectives
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- BS Degree in computer science, MIS, or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of increasingly responsible experience in analyzing, implementing, and supporting ERP Application Systems – expertise in Manufacturing
- Experience and understanding of ERP systems – Epicor experience a plus
- Have led an MRP implementation – Epicor 10 experience preferred
- Salesforce CPQ experience a plus
- Ability to analyze data sources and map data elements to key business requirements
- Change agent
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Strong project management required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- APICS Certification a plus
- 10% international travel required