at Woodfords Family Services in Gray, Maine, United States
School Based Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs)
Pay is $18.00 to $20.00 hourly
$500 Hiring Bonus (new employees eligible, bonus paid within first full pay period paycheck)
Join us at Woodfords Family Services as a School Based Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) and be part of our team that is committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families.
Woodfords' School Based Services program provides assessment and treatment of developmental, mental health and/or co-occurring disorders for children. BHP's work to improve a child's functioning of daily and community living. BHPs are part of the therapeutic treatment team that supports a child's to develop emotional and physical capability in areas of interpersonal functioning.
Woodfords offers paid Behavioral Health Professional training and certification.
- Full-time (30 to 40 hours), year-round School Based BHP employment within Gray/New Gloucester Public Schools
- Variable Spring and Summer vacation schedules
- Schedule follows current public school schedules
- Employer-paid December school vacation week off (this is an additional paid vacation week beyond accrued vacation time)
- Health Insurance (w/ multiple plan options to meet your needs & gym membership reimbursement)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays (11)
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Paid Training
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
School Based Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) Role:
- Work within Gray & New Gloucester public schools and utilize the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to address challenging behaviors and learning deficits that interfere with a child's or teen's success at school
- Work one-on-one with a child or adolescent with special needs within Portland public school setting working on behaviors, social skills, personal and daily routines, as well as community inclusion
- Work independently with the child and cooperatively with a supportive, engaged, and dynamic treatment team that includes a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Qualifications of a School Based Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- 90 or more college credits preferred
- Students working toward an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in psychology, social services, education, or related field encouraged to apply
- Willingness to attain certification as a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) (Course can be completed as part of employment and paid for by Woodfords)
- Valid driver's license with current auto insurance and use of reliable vehicle
- For those in pursuit of a graduate degree in behavior analysis, BCBA independent fieldwork supervision may be available
- Experience working with children with mental health diagnoses and/or intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred
- Experience using teaching strategies derived from the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) desired
- Flexibility to attend mandatory team meetings and training
- A positive attitude, high energy level and creativity
Want to learn more about Woodfords Family Services?
- Check out our website: Woodfords Family Services
Take a look at this video and hear from our staff, consumers and families about how amazing Woodfords is!
Woodfords has implemented safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.