at Biddeford School Department in Biddeford, Maine, United States
Biddeford Schools is anticipating an opening for:
Accounts Payable Associate
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Previous administrative and secretarial experience.
3. General knowledge of office equipment.
4. Background in Accounting and Accounts Payable and/or Receivable.
5. Working knowledge of computer spreadsheets and word processing with experience using Windows applications such as
Microsoft Word or Excel.
6. Valid DOE fingerprinting certification.
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
1. Reviews requisitions and invoices/requests for accuracy in amount and all other information.
2. Prepares each purchase order for keying (ex. highlight all needed information to key into computer for A/P-PR Admin
3. Files all paperwork and disburses A/P checks.
4. Creates new vendors for A/P.
5. Act as receptionist for all Business Office visitors.
6. Issues work permits to students.
7. Answers incoming telephone calls.
8. Opens, date stamps, and sort incoming mail for the Business Office.
9. Prepares purchase orders for School Board and Finance Committee.
10. Prepares all requisitions for payment and prepares the checks for mailing.
11. Assumes all secretarial and bookkeeping duties.
12. Assist the Business Manager and other areas as needed.
13. Monitor and coordinate the purchasing process to include the maintenance of cost control procedures such as proper
coding and accurate weekly reports.
14. Provide training and guidance to school administrative secretaries in the areas of purchasing.
15. Monitors all purchase requisitions to determine correctness of information, price extensions, coding information, and so
16. Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
17. Must have ability to be cross-trained with other Business Office staff.
18. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Business Manager.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the School Committee and
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on
Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
The School Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district shall actively work to have the teacher and administrator workforce reflect the student body's diversity.
The selection of all employees by the School Department will be based on those with the highest capabilities, the strongest commitment to quality education, and the greatest probability of effectively implementing the learning program. Selections will be made without consideration on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, and any other state or federal prohibitions. For the purpose of this policy, "sexual orientation" means a person's actual or perceived heterosexuality, bisexuality, homosexuality, or gender identity or expression.
Criminal Background Check
All employees of Maine schools must be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check. Please create a login and create an account and make an appointment for a fingerprinting appointment at https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting
Please see other Job Openings at :
Southern Maine Administrative Cooperative