at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Be a part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Join The Baker Company team - and help us support science!
The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and is offering a $500 Sign-On Bonus & Benefits Package with this position.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for performing routine facilities repair and maintenance tasks and support safety programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building maintenance and improvements (paint, floor repairs, plumbing, electrical)
- Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials.
- Repair lighting as needed.
- Minor equipment repair.
- Exterior maintenance including snow removal
- Prepare Main Conference Room for classes (EI and Baker)
- Use of Forklift, pallet jacks and scissors lift.
- Understanding of hazardous material safety, storage and disposal.
- Maintain MSDS sheets for all materials.
- Safety committee member.
- Administer facility lock out/tag out program.
- Perform facility inspections and report on conditions affecting operations.
- Assist in monitoring work being performed by outside contractors.
- Maintains a safe work environment for employees and visitors.
- Manage/coordinate annual hearing protection program.
- Respond to alarm calls.
- Communicate matters involving the facility in a current/timely manner to the VP & Director Global Technology.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Production down time caused by facilities failures.
- Maintenance costs vs budget.
- Maintenance issues backlog.
- Maintaining a safe work environment both internal and external.
- Ability to push/lift 75 pounds
- Able to climb ladders, bend, sit, kneel, walk, crouch
- Able to work in extreme temperatures
- High school education or equivalent
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Continuous process improvement focus
- Able to analyze and problem solve issues
- Assist in ordering facilities supplies
- Ability to perform basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry work.