at PeopleReady in Acton, Maine, United States
Could you envision a world without power? Would civilization be able to thrive in a society without those who are passionate about bringing power to the masses? PeopleReady is now hiring for experienced Journeyman Electrician to provide energy for our clients in the solar industry. Journeyman Electricians will install and repair electrical components on commercial jobsites supervising a team of apprentices or other laborers. Almost every building has an electrical power, communications, lighting, and control system that is installed during construction and maintained after that, solar fields are no different. The systems that power the lights, appliances, and equipment make people’s lives and jobs easier and more manageable. Electrician generally focus on either construction or maintenance; you may do both. They usually start their work by reading blueprints ? technical diagrams that show the locations of circuits, outlets, load centers, panel boards, and other equipment. After resolving where all the wires and components will go, electricians install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems, and then test their work using ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters. Once all the tests are passed, you will make notes and records to ensure the integrity of the electrical systems that you helped implement. We would love to hire the perfect fit for this full-time position today.
Pay Rate for this Job is $45/ Hour.
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit.
- Using measuring instruments and hand tools Maintaining tools, vehicles, and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order.
- Performing semiskilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Following state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
- Minimum five years of experience on commercial or residential construction sites
- Experience in solar is a plus Valid Maine.
- Journeyman electrician license.
- Reliable transportation to get to job site daily
- In-depth knowledge of building codes and laws in Maine Perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems
- For example, when an outlet is not working, using a multimeter to check the voltage, amperage, or resistance to resolve the appropriate course of action
- Have all of the tools of your trade on hand and be able to bring them to your jobsite References that will verify your professional skills and experience
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.