at Douglas Dynamics/Fisher Engineering in Rockland, Maine, United States
WHO WE ARE:
Douglas Dynamics is North America’s premier manufacturer and upfitter of work truck attachments and equipment. Our belief is that our employees and culture are just as important to the company as serving our customers. We place a high value on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Douglas Dynamics, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission to serve our customers, to advance your career, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life.
We would love to have you join our team, where we offer top notch benefits, multiple avenues for advancement and a great working environment.
HOW WE DO IT:
Grow, Improve, and Engage is our focus as an organization to ensure we succeed by executing the right things. These are our Core Values and are How We Win in the marketplace. The Winning Behaviors are what each Douglas Dynamics employee does to support the success of our company. They are the expectations of all of us to help ensure we focus on winning as an organization the right way! Our Winning Behaviors are:
- Be Customer & Results Driven
- Anticipate the Possibilities
- Collaborate & Care
- Communicate Responsibly
- Develop Self & Others
- Get Better Every Day
We are seeking experienced Shippers! Positions are available on the first and second shift. Regular first shift schedule is 7am - 3:30pm, Monday - Thursday. Second shift schedule is 1pm - 9:30pm, Monday - Thursday. Second shift includes a shift differential.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Drive fork truck and load an 18-wheeler with box or flatbed trailer
- Read pick tickets and shipping documents, standards of work, and job specifications for daily shipping schedule.
- Perform all paperwork and computer related activities for Shipping and Warehouse transfer activities including BOL’s and international shipments.
- Examine package contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of outgoing shipments.
- Assemble cartons, address, seal, and weigh merchandise or material to be sent.
- Use a WAV to obtain or stock material to be shipped from / stocked inventory.
- Count and record quantities and product numbers to record as shipments, transfers, or receipts, using the TCM computer system for reporting.
- Recommend revision of methods of operation or material handling, alterations of equipment layout, or other changes to increase production, or improve safety, improve efficiencies, or reduce costs.
- Assist with the development or revision of standard operating procedures and working practices; model compliance with standards.
- Work outside in inclement weather for undetermined periods of time.
- Repetitive lifting of products of various weights onto pallets when staging for customer shipments.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
Starting pay $18.50 per hour with wages increased based on experience and skill! We also offer a $1/hour BONUS for perfect attendance.
- A fulfilling career with the ability to contribute to an industry leader
- A comprehensive suite of benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A generous 401k match
- Profit sharing for full-time employees
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Able to be to work on time, dependable, and trustworthy. Willing to adjust work and/or shift schedule when needed to meet customer demand. Availability of working overtime preferred.
- Be an active participant as part of a team to improve quality, safety, and efficiency. Willing to share information and workload with other team members.
- Work in a safe manner; able to recognize unsafe work situation and report safety issues to Supervisor.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner to other team members.
- Follow Fisher Engineering policies and rules regarding work and conduct; set an example for others to follow.
WHAT THIS ROLE NEEDS:
- Skills: Computer skills; basic navigation on a computer terminal.
Our focus on integrity, teamwork, and high performance creates an ideal work environment for every one of our employees.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Discover our opportunities and come see all the ways you can do more at Douglas Dynamics.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Douglas Dynamics, LLC does not discriminate against qualified applicants in hiring based on race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.