at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
The Executive Assistant/Communications Specialist is responsible for administrative support systems including reception, supplies, file maintenance, meeting logistics, and special projects. The Executive Assistant provides direct support to the CEO, Board of Directors and the administrative team including the CFO, Human Resources and Director of Development assisting with advancing the community presence and perception of the Agency in the community, including marketing, fundraising and community outreach efforts by the agency. Exercises discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance affecting daily operations of the administration and operations of special projects. Maintains confidentiality of information and activities as needed and supports the effective flow of communication within the organization. This position supports effective internal and external communications and the implementation of key public relations strategies, in alignment with the overall mission and strategic plan. Primary responsibilities include creating messaging and content designed to communicate and reinforce WCAP programs, services, resource development and work plans.
1. Works closely with the President/CEO to ensure agency communication goals are met.
2. Assists with creation and implementation of an integrated, organization-wide strategic communications plan to broaden awareness of and strengthen the agency’s brand identity across its service area.
3. Assists with – plans for the improvement of communication processes that support and highlight programming and services.
4. Maintains administrative support systems and activities, including the central administrative office and reception.
5. Provides administrative support to the CEO and other administrative staff.
6. Supports Board of Directors meetings, activities, and communications as directed by the CEO. a
7. Assists with staff support for community initiatives such as the Neighbor for Neighbor coalition, the Heroes 4 Hunger, the Cinderella Project, and other initiatives undertaken by the Agency.
8. Assists with tracking, reporting, and supporting compliance with the requirements of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG).
Administration and Board Support
1. Oversees organization of Agency events, including annual Volunteer Recognition Night, Staff Events, Holiday activities and special Board meetings.
2. Supports Board meetings and assigned Board Committee meetings; responsible for minutes, agendas and communications as directed by the CEO.
3. Provides support for the Leadership Team meetings and is responsible for coordinating agenda’s and minutes.
4. Oversees the employee recognition system.
5. Assists with Strategic Planning and Community Needs Assessment activities.
6. Oversees the preparation and distribution of the Board of Directors Packets for all board meetings and communications.
7. Responsible for Board and Agency meeting’s including planning, preparations, and logistics.
8. Ensures and maintains Board and Agency calendars of events.
Marketing, Fundraising, and Community Outreach
1. Assists the CEO and Development Director with the development and implementation of an annual marketing & communications plan that advances the Agency’s brand, strengthens the Agency’s identity in the community, and supports its program activity.
2. Assists with the production of all communications materials (Annual Report, brochures, flyers, press releases, etc.), maintaining media contacts, organizing fundraising appeals, and organizing Agency events (e.g. volunteer recognition, annual staff training day, etc.).
3. Maintains media contacts and supports the preparation and distribution of ads, brochures, flyers, videos, staff ID cards, business cards, and press releases.
4. Assists with websites maintenance and updates.
5. Assists with the production of agency newsletters and email communications.
6. Organizes the Agency’s presence and outreach efforts at community events throughout the year.
7. Prepares annual appeal materials and coordinates mailings.
8. Contributes to the development of communication training for all staff, including developing and maintaining email templates, marketing materials and talking points.
Management of Administration Office
1. Develops and maintains administrative support systems to promote effective communication, for agency key administrative staff and agency programs.
2. Supervises the main Receptionist and provides for back up support.
3. Oversees central purchasing for office needs including cleaning supplies, office supplies, and equipment as required.
4. Maintains Desk top procedures for Reception Duties and other centralized administrative support functions.
5. Oversees key distribution and tracking processes.
6. Oversees and Maintains CASH receipt processes.
1. Serves as recording secretary for Administration and Leadership meetings.
2. Responsible for overseeing preparation of Administrative and Ad-Hoc Committee/Workgroup Meetings (Program Development, Wellness/Safety, Administrative Operations, Risk Management etc.)
3. Provides support and clerical services to the Chief Executive Officer and Development Director.
4. Tracks and Manages Agency Complaint Process.
5. Responsible for oversight of daily administrative file maintenance.
6. Maintains and updates Agency Web Site.
7. Oversees Community Cares Fund.
Contract Administrative Support
1. Maintains a contracts management system for tracking, recording, and reporting requirements to support agency compliance.
2. Assists with Board of Directors training and key staff in CSBG Results Oriented Management Accountability (ROMA).
3. Submits reports and other required materials for contracts as requested to meet Requirements.
4. Assists with Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) data collection and reporting activities.
Volunteer and Donor Engagement
1. Prepares letters, e-mails, newsletters, and other scheduled correspondence to Agency volunteers and donors to promote communication with the community and maintain community relationships.
2. Maintains Agency donor database and generates reports for the CEO, Development Director and Sustainability Committee of the Board of Directors.
3. Creates annual appeal materials and oversees distribution.
4. Maintains Agency volunteer database and manages general volunteer inquiries and applications.
1. Manages personnel actions, hiring, supervising, and evaluation of department staff.
2. Manages personnel in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and WCAP policies, protocols, practices and procedures.
3. Oversees appropriate training and/or professional staff development for direct reports.
4. Designs and implements agency staff training and technical assistance as needed.
1. Operates all assigned activities within the Board approved budgetary constraints.
2. Follows Agency financial policies, practices and procedures.
1. Keeps up to date on State and Federal regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position.
2. Participates in any required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Safety and Wellness
1. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
2. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.